canberrabirds

Chestnut-rumped Heathwren in Wamboin - UPDATE

To: "Marnix Zwankhuizen" <>
Subject: Chestnut-rumped Heathwren in Wamboin - UPDATE
From: "David Cook" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 21:03:19 +1100
Glad you got this one Marnix. I don't know if there's more than one but the two I've taken photos of seem to have different eye colour. Here is a shot showing the pale iris typical of an adult:

I also saw (probably) the same group of Hooded Robins - Male, imm. Male, Female and 2 DY, on block 16. Both adults and the immature male were actively feeding the juvs.

Some HR pics here:

16, 17 and 18 are really nice block if anyone has a few dollars to spare and want to move out this way (I'd hate to see horses or trail bikes trash these near-pristine blocks).

David