canberrabirds

Corroboree Park Tawny Frogmouth update and request for information

To: COG line <>
Subject: Corroboree Park Tawny Frogmouth update and request for information
From: Robin Hide <>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 09:46:19 +1100
This is a brief update note on the Corroboree Park Tawny Frogmouth pair
described in CBN 33(3):151.

On 21 November 2008, the two adults and two fledged young were roosting
in their customary tree on the edge of Corroboree Park. On 25 November,
all four were roosting very exposed at almost eye level in a /Prunus/ in
Toms Crescent c200 m away. By 29 November all four were back in their
usual tree. I last saw them there on 1 December.

I was away from Canberra between 28 January-20 February 2009 (during
which my wife kept an occasional eye out for them but didn’t see them),
but was pleased to see the adult pair (I assume) back again roosting
close together in their customary tree this morning (22 February 2009).
I would be very interested to hear from anyone with a sighting of them
between 1 December - 22 February in the vicinity of Corroboree Park.

In 2007-2008 after breeding, they were absent, to my knowledge, from
Corroboree Park from 2 December 2007 until 6 March 2008.

Robin Hide