canberrabirds

[Fwd: HANZAB index] and Kellys Swamp

To: "CanberraBirds" <>
Subject: [Fwd: HANZAB index] and Kellys Swamp
From: "David Rosalky" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:13:59 +1100
Great initiative from Alistair.

About two years ago, I had a long corresondence with BA to do just this.  They said they couldn't and then finally sent me an rtf file in quite poor format.  So, instead, I photocopied the Combined Indexes in the back of Volume 7 and I use them a lot.

Even in this pdf form, the indexes are in single column whereas the printed version is in three-column pages so that the English name index is five pages instead of 22, and the Scientific name index is 10 pages instead of 43.

I remain bemused why we can not get a pdf file which is a facsimile of the printed versions.

Re bird-watching:  at Kellys Swamp this morning there were the five Royal Spoonbills (one juvenile roosting in a tree full of ibis near the school), four Black-fronted Dotterels, 8 Pink-eared ducks (or thereabouts) and a Pacific Heron flew over.  Otherwise the usual suspects.  I did not see any sandpipers.

David Rosalky