canberrabirds

Silver Gull colony Spinnaker Island

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: Silver Gull colony Spinnaker Island
From: Julian Robinson <>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 22:49:13 +1100
On Spinnaker Island at dusk today there was a 'colony' of 55 Silver Gulls apparently roosted for the night, all sitting/standing on the ground at one end of the large clearing that makes up most of the island. On investigation we found a single nest on the grass with three (surprisingly large) eggs. There may have been one or two other nests since we didn't hang around for careful examination, but certainly not more than that.

Julian