canberrabirds

On Spoonbills and Koels - some comments and recommendations

To: "Michael & Janette Lenz" <>
Subject: On Spoonbills and Koels - some comments and recommendations
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 18:08:23 +1100
WRT to the spoonbills, my original reason for not requesting private messages rather than postings to the chatline was that I felt the posting of a few messages was likely to sustain people's interest in the event and emcourage them to advise of developments.  As in fact it seems to be agitating members of the group and thus counterproductive, I now revise that opinion.

Could anyone who wishes to report developments on the Royal Spoonbill nest please do so through an email to me at this address.

Since, for the LH nest, we seem to have already experienced Display, Copulation and Nest Building - not necessarily in that order - the next major milestones should be egg laying, brooding, hatching and fledging ad I eagerly awit those details (which are likely to extend beyond the Editors deadline for the next CBN.  However the may be some merit in noting when the earlier events cease relative to the later ones and I don't have so much detail for the RH nest.

In short, let me have the detail and I will try to sort it out and summarise it for a mini-series for CBN.

Martin