canberrabirds

Talk on Boobooks on 20 Nov

To: <>
Subject: Talk on Boobooks on 20 Nov
From: "Tony Lawson" <>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:54:00 +1100

Friends of Mount Majura have organised a very good series of talks during 2008.  The last one is on Boobooks.

Tony

Hilltop To Backfence - free lecture series

Celebrating 5 years of ParkCare on Mount Majura. A free lecture series

The lecture series presented by Friends of Mount Majura ParkCare covers a range of local environmental issues and explores biodiversity at our doorstep.

Lectures are held on the third Thursday of the month from February to November 2008 from 7.30pm to 9.00pm at the Blue Gum School Friends Lounge, Hackett shops. Entry is free, however a gold coin donation to support our volunteer work at Mt Majura would be much appreciated.

For more information or for enquiries please visit the Friends of Mount Majura website at www.majura.org, e-mail admin at majura.org or phone 6247 7515.

A Secret Life. Southern Boobook Owls

Susan Trost and Jerry Olsen, Canberra University

Susan Trost and Jerry Olsen have studied Southern Boobook owls in Canberra since 1993 and have documented their breeding, hunting, and their conflicts with neighbouring Boobooks and other animals in a number of published scientific papers. Susan and Jerry will talk about this work, and the raptors you are likely to see on Mount Majura hunting or breeding alongside Southern Boobooks.

Enquiries: ph 6247 7515 or e-mail admin at majura.org

When: Thursday 20 November 2008, 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
Where: Blue Gum School Friends Lounge, Hackett shops
Entry is free, however a gold coin donation to support our volunteer work at Mt Majura would be much appreciated.