canberrabirds

Hall TSR - White-bellied Cuckoo-Shrike etc

To: <>
Subject: Hall TSR - White-bellied Cuckoo-Shrike etc
From: "Steve Holliday" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:10:59 +1000

Had a quick visit to Hall TSR  this morning, plenty of bird activity. A dark morph WBCS was a nice surprise, like all dark morph birds I have seen locally this one had a grey patch on the top of its head, otherwise it had a complete black hood, with a bit of barring below the black on its chest. I t was foraging in wattles not far from the dam. Other things included at least 2 Rufous Songlarks in display, a Horsfields Bronze-Cuckoo, Grey Shrike-thrush, c10 Dusky Woodswallows. Also 4 spp of frogs calling from the dam

cheers

Steve