canberrabirds

Escapee? LB Corella and Callum Brae obs

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: Escapee? LB Corella and Callum Brae obs
From: Julian Robinson <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:57:38 +1000
Last Friday was a bumper visit to Callum Brae with 52 species in a couple of hours, the most I've seen at CB.  Including:

-- 20+ Fuscous HE's (first time I've seen them at CB, inc one young bird with yellow gape).
-- 10+ Brown-headed HE's acting like treecreepers (been there for a week or so; 1st time seen at CB by me)
-- 2-10 each Sittellas, Southern Whitefaces, Speckled Warblers, Red-browed and Double-barred finches.
-- 1 White Ibis calling from a tree
-- 1 Pipit (included bec I haven't seen one there before)
-- many Dusky Woodswallows

Also there was again a pair of Long-billed + Little Corella occupying the same hollow for the third spring running.  This time I noticed some kind of band or chain collar on the Long-billed ... given the recurring question as to whether out-of area birds are escapees I was wondering if anyone would know its significance or what it is...

Emacs!