canberrabirds

Assistance with Photos, Please

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: Assistance with Photos, Please
From: "Esme Barker and Bruce Ramsay" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:16:19 +1000
Hello All,
A birding friend of mine in Malaysia regularly contributes articles to the Nature Society of Singapore's Bird Ecology Study Group (BESGroup) online blog. (If its of any interest, you can visit this blog at http://www.besgroup.talfrynature.com/ Even if your interest isn't SE Asian birds, the blog is, to my mind, an excellent example of how birding information can be attractively and effectively shared online). Up to now her articles, which usually feature some interesting behavioural observation, have concentrated mainly on Malaysian birds. However, she has recently made a visit to Australia and intends to make several more birding trips here.

She is presently in the process of finalising an article for the BESGroup blog. It will deal with some aspects of the birding she did on her recent trip to Australia. I don't know the content of the article at this stage, but she has asked if I could possibly obtain some photos for her that she would like to use to illustrate her report.

I don't actually have any pictures of the birds/behaviours she is seeking. If anyone does have pictures showing these species/aspects and would be willing to contribute them to her, could you please let me know and I can make arrangements to either pass the photos on to her or give the donor her contact details. Full credit will be given in her article to the photographer/s. The only specification she has tole me so far about the photos is that they should be (or be able to be made) no more than 100kb in file size.

The pictures she would like to get, if possible, are:

Comb-crested Jacana
Golden Bowerbird
Australasian Grebe with chicks on parent's back

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bruce Ramsay