canberrabirds

lowest elevation in the COG Area of Interest

To: COG list <>
Subject: lowest elevation in the COG Area of Interest
From: Con Boekel <>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 19:59:33 +1000
A little while ago I asked whether anyone knew the lowest elevation in the COG Area of Interest. After some advice and suggestions, and using Google maps, I identified four candidates. The first is where Yass River and Murrumbidgee River enter Burrinjuck. If Burrinjuck is full, the elevation would be about 400m. (There are obviously some things wrong with the Google contour lines - some of them appear to enter the Burrinjuck water only to re-emerge elsewhere). The second candidate is the Mulwaree River at Goulburn. The elevation there is a bit less than 700m. The third is where the Shoalhaven exits the COG AOI. My best working out there is a bit less than 600m. The fourth is where the Deua River exits the COG AOI. I have to confess that I have had some difficulty lining up the right spot but if, and it is a fairly large if, I have got the spot where the Deua hits the edge of the COG AOI, then the lowest elevation would be about 320m.
Con