canberrabirds

Swift Parrots and UM Galah

To: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>, "chat line" <>
Subject: Swift Parrots and UM Galah
From: "Michael & Janette Lenz" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:21:21 +1000
These Galah tags may be left over from Judith Scarl's investigation a couple of years ago into the vocalisation of the birds (she had 43 tagged birds - many near Mt Ainslie/Majura). Judith is back in America now. We were in regular correspondence with her, for several pairs frequented our site in Ainslie and even today our regular pair (EW  and XA - though we sometimes see others) This one pair is quite tame and we feel like 'old' friends as they quietly call from the Transact line near our patio waiting for their morning feed. Tom Green used to say he was a bit cross that investigations left such 'permanent' markers on the birds.