canberrabirds

Yellow Robins at ANBG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "Frank Antram" <>
Subject: Yellow Robins at ANBG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:42:35 +1000
Perhaps a key point to make is that ANBG is a (perhaps the) reliable spot to see this species in the urban area.  The ACT Bird Atlas shows them as mainly occurring in the ranges and refers to them also being found in "dense vegetation along wet gullies".

The Atlas, published in 1992, also says the species "sometimes visits suburban gardens" which led me to take a squizz at the GBS results for this species.  It has been recorded in 258 observations, but only 4 of them have been since July 1999.  In terms of abundance over 26 years this species rates as 112th out of 230 recorded in the GBS

I personally found that asPaul's observations have caused Marnix and Frank to reflect on their observations of the species, it adds to the wealth of information on the chatline.

Martin