canberrabirds

Corella's at Hyperdome

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: Corella's at Hyperdome
From: "Esme Barker and Bruce Ramsay" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:12:58 +1100
Hi,
There have been Little Corellas there or thereabouts for a few weeks now. I work in Woolworths at the hyperdome and walk past the Medicare Australia building on my way to work about 7.45 or so most mornings. The birds have been very raucous and flying boisterously around the Medicare Australia building and in the trees etc near the KFC joint and Maccas, as well as the eucalypts in the car park opposite those 2 places, every morning for at least 5 weeks - maybe more. They have also been in the trees and buildings in the main drag outside the Hyperdome building (Anketell St, I think). Anything from 3 or 4 up to about a dozen, on any given day. Esme works for Mediacre Australia in the Tuggeranong building and she says that at times during some days the Corellas can be seen perched on the ledge at the window where her work area is located, often peering in through the glass at the poor unfortunate inmates slaving away inside.

You can usually see quite a lot more (I've counted over 30 on a few occasions now) in the Town Centre Park - especially near the childrens play equipment area at the Town Beach. It doesn't surprise me that Jack saw 85+ of them there - it seems to be a favoured hang-out for them in a large flock and they are pretty frequent (although not in those sorts of numbers) in and near my GBS site in Gordon at the bottom end of Tharwa Drive.

Cheers,
Bruce