canberrabirds

Re [canberrabirds] Corella's at Hyperdome

To: <>
Subject: Re [canberrabirds] Corella's at Hyperdome
From: dj flotek <>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:28:04 +0000
Wow, 85 or so!!?? Or was that a typo?

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:46:46 +1100
Subject: [canberrabirds] Re [canberrabirds] Corella's at Hyperdome

On Easter Sunday there were at least 85, all Little Corellas as far as I could ascertain, on either side of the Town Beach just N of the Hyperdome (but most on the SE side).

I recall but didn't check for a report of lots of Corellas there on this chat line relatively recently.

Interestingly at my place in Chapman the trend of lots of corellas in the second half of the year but very few in the first has continued with no sightings at all since the middle of January.

Obviously the grass is greener in Tuggeranong at the moment (one corella on Sunday had dug such a deep hole in the lawn it almost disappeared into it when trying to feed!).

Jack Holland