canberrabirds

Third breeding of Crested Pigeons complete

Subject: Third breeding of Crested Pigeons complete
From: "Paul T." <>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 22:43:27 +1100
Howdy All,

Been meaning to write the last couple of weeks to report that the same nest (if you can really call that scrawny collection of sticks a nest, although it IS getting larger I think) as previously reported is again in use. At the time when I asked about it some said that they'd breed twice in a given year, while others said that they were year around.... I can definitely report that they can breed more than twice in the season, and that they can use the same nest repeatedly. Given that there was different advice depending who I talked to I thought it might be worthwhile passing on a report that they're breeding for the third time this spring/summer in the same nest. It is just a fiddly enough place that I can't get a good look through the binoculars to see whether there are any young in the nest or not, so I can't tell you how far things are along.

Cheers.

Paul T.
Higgins.