canberrabirds

COG Trips are open to all

Subject: COG Trips are open to all
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:49:05 +1100
I have no idea how Geoffrey has come to the view that he has, and ask that any further comments on this matter come to me offline in the first instance so that there is not further confusion for potential participants in the walks program.

The WALKS ARE OPEN TO ALL, as I have confirmed today with a member of the COG Committee.

I have this afternoon reread the Final Guidelines for the advertising and conduct of COG Field Trips as shown on the COG website
(see http://canberrabirds.org.au/Notices/Final%20COG%20Guidelines.doc) and they make no mention of any COG trips being limited to members of the Group.  Indeed the Principles in that document start off "COG wishes to encourage wide participation in its field trips program ....".   They go on to describe some basically sensible rules for the conduct of the walks in terms of participants (not describing them as members of COG).

In addition, the sign-up sheet which we fill in each month has a column to indicate whether people are members or not.  This would not be needed if the walks were limited to members.

Martin