canberrabirds

Little Bittern and other obs

To: <>
Subject: Little Bittern and other obs
From: Stuart Harris <>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:23:50 +1100
On fourth attempt saw the (juv?) Little Bittern (lifer) today in company with John J.  Saw it fly into tops of reeds on NE side of inlet.  Took another few short flights, and changed position a few times before flying to the tip of the point whereby access was difficult to view the reeds.  Managed to get a couple of shots which can be seen at this link:

http:

Other pics on the link you may be interested in are:

1.   2 x Malleefowl (lifer for me) seen at Nombinnie NR over Oz Day weekend.

2.   1 x Shy Heathwren (another lifer) at mallee in Yathong NR last weekend

3.   Strange (juv?) King Parrot seen in my carport yesterday arvo, haven't seen it since.  Had no tail feathers and seems Leucistic?

4.   Three types of Chat seen together at Yathong NR, White-fronted, Crimson and Orange

Other obs are:

2 x Brolga at Fivebough Swamp, Leeton last weekend.

2nd Lake Cargelligo on the south of town.  Apparently, according to two locals, they received 9 inches of rain sometime last month.

Blue-faced Honeyeaters at Jindalee SF

Regards

Stuart Harris

"Everything is relative, everything is valid!"