canberrabirds

Fwd: Christidis & Boles Checklist

Subject: Fwd: Christidis & Boles Checklist
From: "Canberra Ornithologists Group Inc." <>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 07:28:21 +1100 (EST)
I do not normally pass on the advertising emails the cogoffice receives from Andrew Isles Books (or any other commercial messages), but I know a number of people are keen to purchase this title, so will be interested to know that the new Christidis and Boles is now available.

Sandra Henderson
COG Secretary
Date: Thu, January 17, 2008 16:35
To:

Hello from Andrew Isles Natural History Books.

At last! We have just taken delivery of our stock of "Systematics and taxonomy
of Australian birds" by Les Christidis and Walter Boles. This important book
lists all those species of birds that have been recorded from the Australian
mainland, Tasmania, island territories and surrounding waters. If you have
already placed an order or request for this book, we are working on these now
and thank you for your patience.

[26493] Christidis, Les and Walter E. Boles. Systematics and taxonomy of
Australian birds. Collingwood: 2008. Large octavo, laminated boards, 277 pp.
AU$60.00
Lists all those species of birds that have been recorded from the Australian
mainland, Tasmania, island territories and surrounding waters. Based on the
authors’ original book "The taxonomy and species of birds of Australia and its
territories"it includes any new species for which records have been
accepted by the Records Appraisal Committee of Birds Australia. It also includes
all extant and recently extinct (post-1800) native species, as well as new
species, accepted vagrants and introduced species that have become established
and continue to survive in the wild.

The book provides brief explanations for taxonomic changes in the literature
and for those adopted within it, including the citations for such work. Its
geographical coverage includes Christmas Island, Cocos-Keeling Islands, Heard
Island, Lord Howe Island, Macquarie Island, Norfolk Island and the islands of
Torres Strait, and also Ashmore Reef, owing to the number of vagrant species
that have recently been reported from there. Also included are vagrants from the
Australian Antarctic Territory that have not been recorded elsewhere in
Australia or its territories.

Andrew Isles Natural History Books
Rear of 115-117 Greville Street
(PO Box 2305)
Prahran 3181 Melbourne Australia

Phone [61] (03) 9510 5750
Fax [61] (03) 9529 1256
Email:

Go to our website (www.AndrewIsles.com) or visit our shop in Melbourne. Our
trading hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm; Saturday 9am-12.30 pm. WE BUY
BOOKS.