canberrabirds

COG members night, Wednesday 9 January 2008

To: <>
Subject: COG members night, Wednesday 9 January 2008
From: "Jack and Andrea Holland" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:33:49 +1100
Dear subscribers

I have not yet had any response to the call made in the December 2007 Gang-gang (repeated below) for presenters for the above COG meeting.  What I am looking for is short presentations of about 10 minutes from members on topics of interest to Canberra birdwatchers.  I'm aiming at a total of about 6 presentations, 3 before and 3 after the tea/coffee break, which is traditionally held in the middle on Members night.

I would like it to be an interesting and varied evening and note that in the past poems have been read, or music played, on an ornithological theme, or there has been a recount of a recent memorable birding event.  One possibility may be showing some of the great images taken on recent COG outings or of recent visiting birds of interest, remembering that a good proportion of COG members may not have seen these as they don't subscribe to the chat line etc.

I'm particularly encouraging members who have not previously presented to COG and will leave some room for "fresh faces".

Jack Holland

January 2008 meeting ? Members night

As is traditional, for our January meeting we will be having a ?Members Night?, with the opportunity for COG members to contribute short presentations (no more than 10 minutes) on a range of bird related topics.  If you would like to participate please contact Jack Holland on 6288 7840 or by E-mail on m("environment.gov.au","jack.holland");">.