canberrabirds

Brown quail Mt Stromlo

To: <>
Subject: Brown quail Mt Stromlo
From: "Nick Payne" <>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 06:44:39 +1100

Yesterday morning. Best view I’ve ever had of one. In the past all I’ve ever seen is the rear view as they erupt from underfoot and fly off. This time the quail was on the edge of the road in plain view and allowed me to get within a couple of metres. And even then it just walked away into the grass rather than flying. It was just past the end of the Armco railing on the left hand side where you turn onto Mt Stromlo Rd from Cotter Road.

Nick Payne