canberrabirds

juvenile RR Parrots

To: <>
Subject: juvenile RR Parrots
From: Julian Robinson <>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:11:54 +1100
All that accepted (which is why I also posted several images to show different lights and processing) there is one thing that remains indisputable and useful, -- that the head of the male RR Parrot is two-tone, the face being more blue than the rest of the head.  Morcombe still clearly misses the point.  My mini-Morcombe shows clearly a uniform head for the male RRP - all the same shade of yellow-green, and says "Head bright emerald green...".  This seems to be incorrect and disagrees with all photos and real-life examples I've seen.  None of which is really relevant to John's original obs, but I still find interesting.

Julian