canberrabirds

Imitating bird calls

To: <>
Subject: Imitating bird calls
From: Raquel Ormella <>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:36:59 +1100
Hello List Members,

I am an artist and an academic working at the School of Art at ANU.

I am currently doing some research for a new work and would like to talk to
anyone who is able to do bird call imitations. Perhaps you can imitate the
birds closely or that you are able to make a good approximation from the
"word" descriptors found in field guides. No bird is too common!

A second thing I have been thinking about is the onomatopoeic descriptions
used in Bird guides to describe bird calls. Is there anyone on the list (or
anyone some one could put me in contact with) who finds their mind is able
to make "words" from bird calls.

If you think this might be vaguely you, or defiantly, you could you please
email me I would love to talk with you. Any help would be very much
appreciated.

With thanks,

Raquel Ormella