canberrabirds

Fwd: Access to rainfall data [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "canberra birds" <>
Subject: Fwd: Access to rainfall data [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:02:56 +1100
I found some GBS data that looked as though it might correlate with rainfall and couldn't find an obvious dataset on the net so asked the Bureau of Meteorology what they had  Since others might be interested in doing some investigations along those lines I attach the reply I got from them.

To save others time I have also attached the result of a few minutes cutting and pasting of monthly rainfall data for Canberra Airport from the BoM site for the years 1981 to 2007.

Unfortunately the comparison of the GBS and rainfall data gave a correlation coefficient of 0.03! That is about as close as possible to "no relationship"!

Martin