canberrabirds

Pink Eared Duck and Swans

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Pink Eared Duck and Swans
From: "Alberta Hayes" <>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:10:32 +1000
The Pink Eared Duck that I posted about on Wednesday seems to have left Isabella Pond again.  So I believe Phillip was right when he said it got lost.  Thank you for the birthday wishes, Phillip!
When I was checking on the whereabouts of the duck yesterday, I noticed that the Swans had built a nest again - in the same spot as  the last one!   This could be problematic for the swans as they have built directly in the path of the storm drain.  The last time they did this they lost their whole nest and at least 3 eggs when it rained.  I can't see how many eggs they have but I hope they have a chance to hatch this time.
Alberta Hayes, Monash.