canberrabirds

Paringa garden

To: stephpar <>
Subject: Paringa garden
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:15:54 +1000
A sacred kingfisher also at Carwoola this morning, but not thus far within my GBS site.  Ditto for brown-headed honeyeater..

Our local breeding currawongs are being particularly aggressive and we seem to be getting collateral damage from their favourite victims, the normally docile magpies.  The 'wongs have also been vigorously chasing little pied cormorants when they visit the dam, and were VERY unhappy when 25 sulphur-crested cockatoos landed (briefly)  in the nest tree.

Martin