canberrabirds

Callum Brae yesterday

To: "'Canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: Callum Brae yesterday
From: Julian Robinson <>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:06:12 +1000
Yesterday I walked from the front entrance through the new link section to the far end of the Jerra Grasslands, where it becomes woodland again. Items of interest:

- an immature Pallid Cuckoo that looked independent(?), this would be 2-6 weeks earlier than the earliest breeding mentioned in the atlas.
- 3 Southern Whitefaces
- a vigorously feeding Sacred Kingfisher (also fairly early, and my first this season) - pair of Striated Pardalotes nesting in a tree hollow (unlike those I've seen in Callum Brae proper that were nesting in the creek bank) - very few honeyeaters; a couple each of Yellow-faced, White-naped and Fuscous. No White-plumed at all.
- female or imm Flame Robin
- not to mention the eagles.

Julian