canberrabirds

White-fronted Honeyeater not gone yet.

To: <>
Subject: White-fronted Honeyeater not gone yet.
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:48:52 +1000
I am too quick to communicate. When I finished on e-mail and logged off, I went out again for about the 10th time today, to check. As the bird was almost always in the Grevillea at about 5 p.m., I thought it worth another try. The White-fronted Honeyeater was calling ("toc") and I found it straight away, feeding from the red Japonica flowers about 3 metres to the west of the Grevillea (still along the same path). As that is a much more open bush than the Grevillea, I went inside to get my video and got another bit of about the best film I have of it feeding. Filming it in the Grevillea was much more difficult, as it mostly kept to the centre of a thick bush.

The Grey Shrike-thrush was there too.