canberrabirds

GBS Report

To: "COG-L" <>
Subject: GBS Report
From: "Lindsay Hansch" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:50:34 +1000

In July I commenced my first GBS based around my home in Jerrabomberra.  To date I have accumulated 43 species which includes quite a number of water birds due to home location beside Lake Jerra.  Eurasian Coot, Dusky Moorhen, Purple Swamp Hen, Australasian Grebe, Pacific Black Duck and Hardhead are regulars with Swan, Pelican, White-faced Heron, White Ibis, Little Pied and Great Cormorant and Wood Duck appearing reasonably frequently.  Occasional visitors have included Grey Teal, Shoveller and Hoary-headed Grebe.  Our nesting pair of Masked Lapwing produced four chicks a week ago, although they appear to have lost one.  While sitting in the garden enjoying a cuppa on Thursday a flock of 15 Red Wattlebirds flew over traveling east to west.  There have also been small flocks of unidentified honeyeaters passing through over the past week.

Regards

Lindsay Hansch