canberrabirds

Little Wattlebird, Satin Bowerbird. ANBG

To: "Whitworth, Benjamin - BRS" <>, <>
Subject: Little Wattlebird, Satin Bowerbird. ANBG
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:40:00 +1000
My binoculars were complaining about only being used for one bird, so I went to ANBG yesterday. Among the current crop of rarities, I only found the Little Wattlebird. It was somewhat near the spot described below. I thought it looked unwell, very fluffed up and it was also noticeable that its plumage was very bedraggled, almost as though it had forgotten to moult during the last year. Happened to arrive at about the same time there as Elizabeth Compston. We also saw a green Satin Bowerbird. I know others have seen them there but I'm pretty sure that is a new one for me for ANBG. The Powerful Owl was not in the tall paperbark (or elsewhere that I noticed).