canberrabirds

Re: FW: [canberrabirds] Honeyeater Poll

Subject: Re: FW: [canberrabirds] Honeyeater Poll
From: Con Boekel <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:46:24 +1000
I lived for years where there were Black-chinned Honeyeaters. I recall
that they were audible for considerable distances, and that their call
was quite distinctive. I used to record them on the basis of their call.
While I have not actively birded in the ACT for the past 20 years, I
would walk on average about 30-40km a week, about half of it in the
bush. I believe if I had heard a Black-chinned Honeyeater in the last 20
years I would have noticed it and noted it.
Con

Geoffrey Dabb wrote:

Some interesting responses so far, thank you. Does anyone else want to
make a return to the below, before I sum up?