canberrabirds

Newbie wants to tag along?

Subject: Newbie wants to tag along?
From: Paul Tyerman <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:13:51 +1000
Howdy All,

I'm wondering whether there is anyone in the Belconnen region (or exploring in the Belconnen Region) who would mind a newbie birdo tagging along on some of their birdwatching trips? I've really been enjoying this list (thank you everyone), far more than I had realised I would when I joined!! I've bought a basic pair of binoculars and been keeping track of the various places that people mention they're seeing birds (I'm still intending to go to both the Coppins Crossing and the Macgregor old treatment works) but I am wondering whether I will tend to miss a lot because I'm just not sure where to look etc. Nothing beats experience, so I was wondering whether there was anyone on the list who would be willing to let me tag along on a wander or two, so I can learn a bit about what I am seeing and where to look for specific types I haven't seen before. Up until now I have just watched everything in my own and a neighbours garden, but this list has spurred me somewhat to expand my horizons!!

I realise that it may not be convenient for people, but I still thought it couldn't hurt to at least ask. I was going to go along to Martin's trip to the Coppins Crossing treatment works last month but unfortunately continuing problems with Chronic Fatigue stopped me going, but at the moment I seem to be having a respite from it so I am keen to do some exploring. I'm not trying to limit myself to Belconnen, but that is my starting point, hence the request for people starting from the Belconnen area. If my health holds up I can hopefully wander much further afield as things develop. I do have my own car if I need to meet people somewhere, or I am happy to travel with others.

Thanks in anticipation of any help.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
Higgins