canberrabirds

The Owl...

To: <>
Subject: The Owl...
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 15:22:03 +1000

…is still in the same general area in the ANBG at 1:30 pm today. Not much else in the gardens but a young Wedge-tailed Eagle flew over as did a group of about 15 Dusky Woodswallows. A single Mistletoebird was calling plus the usual species expected there. My overall impression was that there really are very few birds compared to years ago, something I have commented on previously. I have been going to the gardens for over 40 years (from before they were open to the public) and still can’t work out why numbers are decreasing. I don’t believe it is because the plants are “getting old” as new plants are being added to the gardens all the time, nor do I think that Pied Currawongs are to blame. Anyone care to comment?

Cheers,

Mark