canberrabirds

Fwd: [canberrabirds] a totally stupid question - delete now if not inter

To: "chat line" <>
Subject: Fwd: [canberrabirds] a totally stupid question - delete now if not interested
From: "Daniel Rayner" <>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:10:58 +1000
I went to Australia Post to see what they said about the postcode 2600
and they list 13 suburbs like Deakin West, Barton, Duntroon and
Canberra as being all part of 2600.

So I wanted to see how they decide upon postal locations to go with
their postcodes and the info page on this said that it is up to the
states and territories to decide how they decide and define
boundaries...

http://www.suburbs.canberra.net.au/html/fsregion.htm

This the ACT Planning and Land Authority's definition and mapping of
Canberra suburbs - this site divides the ACT down into divisions like
Majura, Belconnen and Canberra Central and then these are fuerther
divided down into suburbs (Campbell, City, Kingston) but interestingly
there is no "Sotuh Canberra" or "North Canberra" in these
divisions....