canberrabirds

A different warning about Kellys

To: "Cog line" <>
Subject: A different warning about Kellys
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:27:34 +1000
While at the Swamp yesterday I noticed a dead fox lying beside the bike path - presumably the same one reported by Bron King about a week ago.  I have reported this to Environment ACT suggesting they remove it before it becomes too noisome and received a form response saying  "You should receive a response by email from our support department within ten working days."

If someone reading this knows the rangers for that area (there are no contact details onthe website) could they pass a message along asking them to remove the corpse rather more quickly than that.  It might also be interesting for them to do an autopsy to find what caused it to die: judging by the colour and general appearance (from about 3m away) it was quite healthy (apart from being dead).

Martin