canberrabirds

Mullies and Goorooyaroo

To: "Cog line" <>
Subject: Mullies and Goorooyaroo
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:19:50 +1000
Having to be in Gunghalin today I was able to unship the bike at Mullies Car Park and head off hoping to rouse a Pied ButcherBird.  Unfortunately I had neither David Cook nor the recently designated PBB Attractor of Garran in my entourage and thus the desire for this B&W bird was unfulfilled.  There were a few other B&W birds around but they were all Port Adelaide FC supporters.  (I like the species so wouldn't suggest they also barrack for Collingwood.)

I pedalled over to the car park at Goo.. etc and found very few birds.  However I did find 6 Aberdeen Angus, of a pleasantly frisky nature, at the Goo.. etc end of the ride.  Since there was not a single closed internal gate anywhere on my ride I presume these beasts have free range over both Nature Parks.  They were certainly carrying a good bit of condition for a prolonged drought.

I also found the construction traffic on the road from Gundaroo Road to the Mullies car park to be an issue.  While the truckies tried to share the road the width of it really isn't up to the volume of heavy traffic that seems to use it.  I suggest everyone going there exercises great caution while beautiful downtown Forde is being constructed.

Martin