canberrabirds

Grey Butcherbird in Narrabundah

To: <>
Subject: Grey Butcherbird in Narrabundah
From: "Vikki" <>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:17:07 +1000

Hi

Ten minutes ago I was heading out to put food in the myna traps and heard the fairy wrens going off.  I looked over and saw a grey butcherbird with a male SFW in its beak.  It flew onto the fence and tried to hook him in the fork of a branch – no luck.  It then flew onto the ground, put him into the fork of a small camellia and started plucking.   After a couple of minutes it flew off with brekky. I’ve never seen a butcherbird in our yard, and had never been lucky enough to watch them in action – wow!

Vikki