canberrabirds

Grey Goshawk in Aranda

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Grey Goshawk in Aranda
From: "Pedroanddi" <>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:41:23 +1100
We were having lunch on the balcony today when a neighbour who was hanging out washing drew our attention to a bird "like a white cockatoo but with an eagles beak" which was on a fence near another neighbours chook pen. When we got closer it turned around to look at us and I could see by the beak.yellow cere and yellow legs that it was a white morph Grey Goshawk. The bird flew into a tall eucalypt from where it dropped into another adjoining yard with a chook pen and skulked in bushes around the pen for several minutes before flying off low along the fence line.

The area where the bird was seen was along the back fence line between Nungara and Gidabal streets Aranda. Hopefully photos to follow.

Peter Mellor