canberrabirds

Crested Pigeon Project

Subject: Crested Pigeon Project
From: "mae hingee" <>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 20:08:11 +1100
Hello Canberra Birdians.
I am starting an honours project this year in which I will be investigating the behavioural function of the feather-produced whistling sound made by Crested Pigeons (Ocyphaps lophotes) in flight. I need to set up a number of different study populations around Canberra to observe flights, record whistles and test my hypothesis. Does anyone on here know of any places where they have seen Crested Pigeons congregating (preferably somewhere quiet as i will be using sensitive recording equipment) and also approximately what times they have seen the pigeons flock there. Please contact me on if you have any information or just want to know any more about the project. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks =)
~Mae Hingee~