canberrabirds

Back in town

Subject: Back in town
From: <>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 13:59:31 -0600 (CST)
Happy New Year!

We do not claim to have brought the rain with us but are now back in Canberra
temporarily residing in Weston.

My first bird of 2007 was a silver gull walking along a beach beside the runway
at Sydney airport (I think the last one of 2006 was a rock dove at JFK
airport).

The most interesting avian ob yesterday was a black shouldered kite beside the
Tuggeranong Parkway at the base of Oakey Hill being harassed by a small
passerine.  (I had neither binoculars nor brain at the time so don't know the
passerine.)

Since my verizon address will cease to function shortly I have copied this to
the unsubscribe address to help tidy up the list.  For the time being could
people who wish to contact me (twitch reports etc) use

Best wishes to all:  I look forward to catching up over the next few weeks.

Martin