canberrabirds

A couple of things

To: "canberrabirds" <>
Subject: A couple of things
From: "Martin and Frances" <>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:47:09 -0500
A singing bushlark would be a lifer for me, so would someone please go and spread a little superglue on the fences around Coppins Crossing?  Just use the moderate strength stuff as it only has to last until January 2.

Congratulations to the Allen fils et pere.  I think 99 is the best I have managed in a day in the ACT.

When we moved into our apartment here I was intrigued by a very harsh bird call coming from the UN compound on the other side of 1st Ave.  This is only about 150m away but could be heard anytime we had the window open (or went to the roof to take photos).  On the day before the NY marathon the compound was open to runners and I wandered in for a look round (when I go in on business I'm up the other end of the area).  I was sure I was very close to where the callwas coming from but couldn't find the bird.  After 10 minutes searching I found a loudspeaker nailed to a tree with the sound coming forth: Apparently it is the death call of a bird played to keep the pigeons away!  So they all come and sit on the buildng next to ours!

Martin