canberrabirds

RE: [Birding-Aus] Re: [canberrabirds] Starlings imitating Woodswallows

To: "'Geoff \(BT\)'" <>, <>
Subject: RE: [Birding-Aus] Re: [canberrabirds] Starlings imitating Woodswallows
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:42:33 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff (BT) [
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 7:35 AM
To: ; Birding-aus (E-mail)

Hi Aus/COG

Starlings are regular hawkers if you mean they cruise at a height trying to

catch insects, then this is common practice in their indigenous range,

especially on warm summer evenings. So, it wasn't entirely invented by those

imported Aussie Starlings. I'm sure their forebears knew well this

technique.

Looking forward to my next visit to Australia (no doubt after we have just

lost the Ashes, but I won't hold that against you, after all it is your

turn),

Best wishes

Geoff Bowen

Norwich UK