canberrabirds

COG grid

To: "COG" <>
Subject: COG grid
From: "roger curnow" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 21:23:45 +1000
HI  all

The question when i get round to it has probably been asked and answered before,
but can somebody save me a small library-search, please.

Mostly for my own amusement, but also because i have often wondered what COG grid cell the footbridge across War(r)ina Inlet lies in,
I have been trying to overlay the COG grid system (latitude and longitude) onto a Gregory's 2004 Canberra Street Directory (eastings and northings)

To do this i need to know the reference co-ordinate system (Mapping System) used for each.

Gregory's is almost certainly AMG66 ACTSTATE or possibly AMG84 Zone55.

It doesn't matter much since the difference in an easting (or northing) is less than 2 metres.

My question is what is the underlying Mapping System used for the COG grid ?

        roger curnow.