canberrabirds

Where is Crake Alley?

To: <>
Subject: Where is Crake Alley?
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:56:23 +1000
Various COGites refer to "Crake Alley" at Kellys swamp. I still don't know what / where that is. The naming of the hides (I think that was Harvey's idea) was a top innovation. Where is it, relative to them? I wonder if everyone has the same spot in mind. Am I the only one behind the times? No doubt I go there all the time and don't actually know that or when I am there. Geoff described it to me as: "It?s the inlet channel between the crossing and the main pond, usually viewed from a particular vantage point on the north side, among the casuarinas."

Can someone provide a map or more definitive description please?