canberrabirds

Lunchtime entertainment & Lake Ginn.

Subject: Lunchtime entertainment & Lake Ginn.
From: John Brannan <>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:52:43 +1000
Eating lunch out the back today, my wife and I were entertained by the following (in addition to the usual, less entertaining, suspects):

Golden Whistlers (pair)
Eastern Spinebills (pair)
S.F-wrens (pair)
Yellow-rumped Thornbills (numerous)
Weebills (ditto)
Silvereyes
Crimson Rosellas, and
Grey Fantail (1 - the first since last autumn)

Now, none of these is particularly remarkable, but to see all these from our lunch table in the time it takes to finish a sandwich and a cuppa (albeit at a leisurely pace),
particularly when the G. Whistlers, Spinebills, Wrens, Thornbills and Weebills were all singing their little hearts out while the Rosellas piped and tooted away in the background, is a real delight, and a reminder of how blessed we are in Canberra.

John Brannan

P.S. At the peninsula on Lake Ginninderra today: Black-faced Cuckoo Shrikes (pair), Dusky Woodswallows (several), C. Reed Warblers (1, maybe 2), Noisy Friarbird (1), Black-shouldered Kite (1), Skylark (pair), Richard's Pipit (pair), Tree Martins (20+)
--
36 Challinor Cres., Florey, Canberra ACT 2615, Australia
Ph.: (+612) 6258 6038	Fax: (+612) 6258 6238