canberrabirds

Sorry- Julian

To: <>
Subject: Sorry- Julian
From: "Ruskies" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:22:44 +1000
Hi Julian!

Believe it or not I think a lot of us older birdos will feel a pang of jealousy with you being new to the bird watching world, I know I am.    Long gone are the heady days where you would see a new bird at almost every outing, and possibly even 2 or 3.    The thrill of seeing something you haven't knowingly seen before, and the sensation of pride when the more experienced birdos agree with your identification is wonderfull.   Us older ones have this particular thrill, less and less as time goes bye, that is, unless we choose to travel further afield.   I would say that it's a must to go on these C.O.G.meetings and outings, as this is where you rub shoulders with the upper echelon of the bird world,some of these members are the people who actually write, paint and issue the field guides.  So lucky you and any others that are new to twitching, hold on to your hat,  you are about to enter into a world that will give so much plearure every day.    Macomas Taylor once told me, and I believe him, "That only mortals don't go birdwatching!"

Cheers.!

Bob Rusk