canberrabirds

Re: Honeyeaters bathing

To: <>
Subject: Re: Honeyeaters bathing
From: "Frank Antram" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:52:32 +1000

That’s interesting.  Eastern Spinebills are the only other honeyeater I get here on a reasonably regular basis.  I haven’t seen them diving, but then maybe their bills are not the best shape for doing

gannet impressions ;)  Come to think of it, I haven’t seen them using the pond at all.

By the way, I meant ‘excitedly diving’, not ‘excitingly’ – it was the honeyeaters that appeared excited; I believe I was quite calm and composed ;)

Regards

Frank