canberrabirds

Restless Flycatcher

To: David Cook <>, Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Restless Flycatcher
From: annette carse <>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:56:50 +1000 (EST)
I also went walking with another Kathy around Campbell Park on Sunday and we  saw a small flock of varied sittellas. This was just after seeing a restless flycatcher - for some reason hanging out with a willie wagtail - i have no idea if that is normal or odd behaviour??!  Anyway, we heard a whole lot of "twittering" in a tree off the track so went over to investigate - I was struck by the orangey cinnamon colour of the inside wings of these small restless birds when they took flight. Later that day I saw another flock of them on O'Connor Ridge. I've never seen them before in Canberra only the Binya Hills.

Wondering if they are really common around Canberra?

I've only recently joined the e-list and jump online each night to find out what people are seeing around town - its terrific for new people like myself - i'd like to see those southern whitefaces up on the ridge near Chapman but not sure what end to start on - any specific directions to get close to a likely sighting spot?

Annette C

David Cook <> wrote:
Kathy and I went for a (windy) walk around Campbell Park today. There were, not surprisingly, not that many birds around, but we did happen upon a Restless Flycatcher eating a rather large spider, both of which were a bit surprising. Photo at http://photogallery.canberrabirds.org.au.

David

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Music: Check out the gig guide for live music in your area