canberrabirds

Superb Parrots

To: <>
Subject: Superb Parrots
From: "Lashko Susan" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 08:52:59 +1100

On Fri at 5pm a Superb flew over as I drove up Catchpole St Macquarie.  This inspired me to visit the Macquarie Primary School and adjoining oval (off Bennelong Cres) later on.  At 7.45 I found 3 Superbs – 2 males and a female – which appeared to be settling for the night in a tree above the school play equipment.  I searched all the remaining school trees and those around the oval without success.  Perhaps there are still a few roosting at the Belconnen Markets or the DIMIA carpark.

Sue