canberrabirds

Little Bittern at Lake Ginnenderra

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Little Bittern at Lake Ginnenderra
From: "Pedroanddi" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:04:50 +1100
Dear All

Further details below. The sighting was at 10.45.

If you go to the eastern Diddams Close picnic ground and follow the bike path to the right (away from Ginninderra Drive) you soon come to a wooden jetty on a point, a short while later you come to another jetty and the bird was in the reed bed past the second jetty. It was in the far end of the bed when we saw it directly across from a new unit development on the other side of the lake.

My colleague thought it may have been nesting but neither of us knew enough about the birds habits to judge.

Regards
Peter Mellor