canberrabirds

Even better wader migration poster

To: "tom green" <>
Subject: Even better wader migration poster
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:05:51 +1100
Hi Tom,

Something even better. I have just found on my bookshelf, a colour poster called "Australian Bird Migration". It came out with the Sunday Telegraph on 19/8/1990. I am not sure if you have all the newspapers going back 15 plus years at your home to dig out this one. It also came with Australian Geographic. It is an attractively shown map of this part of the world (Antarctica to Australia to Alaska & Siberia), with Australia as the focal point. Many birds are shown and their routes marked on the map. It includes more than waders (sea-birds, flame robin, swift parrot, etc). Both these posters are slightly smaller than a GBS chart. There, I have found another use for a GBS chart.